EA Sports has already released the title update 7 of FIFA 21. The update patch introduces substantial changes to the gameplay that will affect the development of the matches since the effectiveness of crosses and some shots have been modified.
At the moment, the update is only available for PC players and will be released later on the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions. This update will not be available for the current-gen versions of the game for PS4 and Xbox One.
These are the official FIFA 21 Title Update 7 patch notes:
- The speed at which the ball travels when hitting powerful crosses or powerful low crosses has been reduced.
- This effect is most noticeable when performing a powerful cross or a powerful low cross with a player whose cross attribute is 75 or lower.
- The accuracy of volleys has been reduced if the ball hits the shooter at high speed.
- Referee logic has been adjusted to have better criteria with yellow cards.
- The interception logic has been further improved in situations where the defender is directly in the path of the ball.
- This change only applies in situations where the ball carrier passes the ball. Reduced the speed of the player to transition to a feint while sprinting after successfully doing the dribble.
- Animation selection logic has been improved when attempting to save with a player-controlled goalkeeper.
- In some cases, a player attempting to intercept a pass was incorrectly taking his foot off the ball.
- On rare occasions, players would teleport during a non-playable foul scene after an advantage.
- Occasionally, fouls on the edge of the box resulted in an incorrect ball placement for the next rehearsed play.
- The game referee made the correct decision in these situations, but the resolution of the foul animations could make it appear that the foul had occurred in a slightly different location on the field.
- Referee logic improved in situations where the last player on defence commits a technical foul and affects a possible attacking opportunity.
- In some cases, the referees did not call the correct foul after a physical clash or a static tackle.
- Heel touch filigree could not be performed when sprinting.
- Reduced some situations in which the ball carrier would fall after minimal physical contact in the area. This could lead to unnecessary penalty shot plays.
Also, other of the most notable improvements of the update was implemented the FIFA Ultimate Team mode to the approval of the players who choose to buy FIFA 21 Coins to acquire their favourite players. Here we leave them:
- When loading a Squad Battles match, the opposing squad screen would sometimes disappear too quickly.
- After reaching the personal booster limit previously set in FIFA Playtime, the Squad Building Challenge Reward Packs could not be opened without changing or ignoring the limit for 1 hour.
- A stability problem could occur when the captain invited a friend to the co-op lobby.
(Contributed by José D. Villalobos; Edited by Hermes_Fang)